Server is temporary running on the pre_hotfix branch!

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Server is temporary running on the pre_hotfix branch!

Because the latest hotfix causes frequent client crashes, I decided to run the server on the pre_hotfix build until this matter is solved one or another way.
      In order to connect to the server again, please install said build on your end as well:
      1. Right click on Medieval Engineers in your Steam library
      2. Click on "Properties"
      3. Go to the very right "Betas" tab
      4. Select the "pre_hotfix" beta
      5. Wait for Steam to update your game
      6. You can connect to our server again.
      Keep in mind, that you'll have to unsubscribe to any beta, if you want your game to pull auto-updates again and to connect to servers, which are running on the latest update.
    • GeSp_shad schrieb:

Because the latest hotfix causes frequent client crashes, I decided to run the server on the pre_hotfix build until this matter is solved one or another way.
      In order to connect to the server again, please install said build on your end as well:
      1. Right click on Medieval Engineers in your Steam library
      2. Click on "Properties"
      3. Go to the very right "Betas" tab
      4. Select the "pre_hotfix" beta
      5. Wait for Steam to update your game
      6. You can connect to our server again.
      Keep in mind, that you'll have to unsubscribe to any beta, if you want your game to pull auto-updates again and to connect to servers, which are running on the latest update.
      Could of at least announced on the damn Steam Group, so everyone who wasn't playing Medieval Engineers, knows, because of this I've been trying to log on since 19:00 since its shutdown, this issue of asymmetric information has costed us lost resources due to this, and this is not a simple issue this is sword you can only get once during a whole wipe 'Ancestral Sword'. This will be noted, and we're currently seeking a resolution and hopefully one can be put fourth. This is also a case of offline raiding! I'm not expected to be online at this time and resolving this, as I'm currently celebrating my Easter Sunday, and one of my guys to log on and find out you've switched to pre-hotfix without informing us, who haven't been online to see the message is insane, and me currently writing this is also annoying, please find a solution quick to this issue, we've lost scrolls, maps, ink, tools, metal resources, and our Kingdoms relic due to this failure to inform the community, no one should exploit players like this, in times of failing game updates costing other players their hard work; this is unacceptable!
    • Was also announced on the discord you know, our main relay of information and was anything broken when stuff was stolen, cause stealing is still allowed by using timbers to jump over stuff for example (below 10 blocks in contraption).

And we were aware that strangers hut got offline raided, we have solved that for now i think.
      Do you think honor keeps them in line? Do you think it's honor that's keeping the peace? It's fear! Fear and Blood!
    • GeSp_shad schrieb:

The forum was always and still has top priority for news and announcements, then comes Discord, wich also got an announcement. The steam group never ever was a place for discussions or announcements, its only purpose was to whitelist the server back in August 2017!
      I said , you 'Could of at least announced' not everyone is on Discord, and doesn't notify everyone, even though the steam group may have been used as a whitelist for the server, it should still be utilised as there is active members on the server from it. My clan isn't a Discord server group, we're a TeamSpeak group, and this is exploitation of the games issue, why do you think we haven't raided or we haven't shown aggression to other players, because we knew of the shitty situation, Medieval Engineers was, everyone in our coalition knew that doing such actions wouldn't be beneficial as it would be considered as exploiting the games issues. And in there are individuals on the server who don't respect that and so seek to offline raid others, the other thing is, there is no way you could get into the castle without building more than 10 Blocks, we even scouted possible entry points, there is no way, of getting into the base with less than 10 block contraption. Not only that, but there is also many issue of resolving your gap of asymmetric information, and that is by a IN-GAME announcement, saying: that there "Will be a switch to 'pre-hotfix' on [DATE] at around [TIME]" And the announcement can be 24-48 hours prior to the switch.

After 5 hours of trying to log in we were made aware from the forums about the issue, however these 5 hours costed us more than it helped us, and this is not our problem. You want to raise awareness of an issue and your solution to a fix on the server? Give the community the time to see it, process it, with a due time, not doing it so quickly.
      And the steam group 'never ever' being a place for discussion and announcement, well that's maybe a place where you've really went wrong. On the steam group announcements can be put fourth for players who are playing other games or not even on their computer and can easily and effectively inform the community; more than discord or the forums, and it can set up events so it will notify people, and players will be prominently informed of the issue without them trying to log on for 5 hours scratching their heads assuming it's just another 3-6 hour server maintenance.
      I'm not here to tell you how to admin, but I'm here writing these essay's telling you where you went wrong, and how it costed some of us our hard work, and this is an issue which CANNOT be ignored.
    • You want us to w8 a day to solve an issue, cause 2-3 players dont read discord and forum.
      besides one of your housemates knew abotu it, so he could have let you know on TS then.

Besides i was notified by the taker of the sword that he used a small contraption to jump over the palisade last night, he posted a pic to me, but wanted to stay anonymous (he wanted to show he didnt cheat or offline raid to get it). he said he found it outside in a weapon rack btw, not the best storage place. he dragged the small contraption of below 10 blocks up the mountain and the lowest point of your palisade walls.
      Do you think honor keeps them in line? Do you think it's honor that's keeping the peace? It's fear! Fear and Blood!
    • @Valgarr I will no longer tolerate such behavior just because you are butthurt because of a completely different matter. Obviously, no one else but you was careless about the announcement. Anyone else would have had a look into Discord or the forum, to see why the server is not available atm. I am always making sure people are aware of it, and don't you dare to mention the steam group again, because that's like I said earlier not the place to excpect any announcements. And btw, short term matters like the pre_hotfix thing, cannot be announced days in advanced, like seriously *shakes head*.
    • Rkthegreat schrieb:

You want us to w8 a day to solve an issue, cause 2-3 players dont read discord and forum.
      besides one of your housemates knew abotu it, so he could have let you know on TS then.

Besides i was notified by the taker of the sword that he used a small contraption to jump over the palisade last night, he posted a pic to me, but wanted to stay anonymous (he wanted to show he didnt cheat or offline raid to get it). he said he found it outside in a weapon rack btw, not the best storage place. he dragged the small contraption of below 10 blocks up the mountain and the lowest point of your palisade walls.
      Show me this screenshot, because I have my own screenshots as well, not only that, it's more than 2-3 players more than that m8, how come the night before we had around 15 players online on the Pre-patch day there were only 5-6 people, around the same time, I'll have you know, I've talked with multiple people on the server and they acknowledge that your method of announcement is trash, and if you read before that I was informed on by my m8, at 00:30 telling me that you guys switched.

That individual who claims to have gotten into the castle from the lowest point is talking smack, because we've tried to get up the wall from the outside, and 'dragged the small contraption of below 10 blocks up the mountain', you have to be taking the piss, you cannot drag a small contraption on any side, as there is 50 foot drop, the flattest bit of the castle where a potential contraption could be built is the highest point of the walls, you think I would build somewhere where he could just stroll into my castle, I've been playing this game since its release m8. I know every tip and trick in the fucking book.
    • Well you sound prett damn mad abotu a game, i am not sharing it, cause the guy asked me not to, the admins have seen it and seen that it worked. and if you dont like how the team handles thing dont play here, simple....

Besides who did you talk to .... cause nobody else is bitching atm, you lost the sword by legal means, same as you took it by legal means.
    • Good to have such a sharp minded m8 onboard.... m8
      If you don't like how we run our server, feel free to play elsewhere and stop intoxicating this place. Quick reminder though: I can't seem to find anything about a steam group in there :S

§5 Community
      Please register at our forums at www.medieval-engineers.eu and join our Discord server.
      This is very important because of server announcements and engagement messages (see §3)
    • GeSp_shad schrieb:

@Valgarr I will no longer tolerate such behavior just because you are butthurt because of a completely different matter. Obviously, no one else but you was careless about the announcement. Anyone else would have had a look into Discord or the forum, to see why the server is not available atm. I am always making sure people are aware of it, and don't you dare to mention the steam group again, because that's like I said earlier not the place to excpect any announcements. And btw, short term matters like the pre_hotfix thing, cannot be announced days in advanced, like seriously *shakes head*.
      'I will no longer tolerate such behavior' Don't understand what behaviour your talking about, I'm sure you're just not willing to resolve an issue which your clan members might have had part in, don't worry this will be noted. I'm not taking the piss at anyone, as I don't know who offline raided us, and your contribution to this discussion is also concerning, obviously you don't care, and one of your admins to even have information to the raider, shows to me that your close connection wont see a resolution to this issue, so why should we bother?
      'no one else but you was careless about the announcement'. This is because they weren't the ones to be offline raided Mr, and they were the ones who found out, why don't we wait and see until everyone is back in the server as soon as they find out why they're not able to go on. And wait a minute, what about all those new players, or fresh spawns, they wont know as they don't even know if this website exists and about the discord unless they seek to get 'White listed' or look to make a complaint, and so your reasoning, cannot stand, I apologise, and people currently on the server with the 'prepatch' agreed with me that the announcement system is ineffective, and the hasty decision isn't appreciated as not everyone had realised, and as we speak we're currently missing players on the server, the community has been completely isolated for the past 24 hours
      'don't you dare to mention the steam group again, because that's like I said earlier not the place to excpect any announcements.' Steam Group. Plus did you read about the perks I've mentioned of having the community notified on a steam, group, are you really getting upset that I suggested a method to improve your life and player bases' lives?
      'short term matters like the pre_hotfix thing, cannot be announced days in advanced, like seriously *shakes head*' Doesn't seem to be very short term as it the hotfix was release 2 days ago, and results have shown for a long time, which proves to us that the devs are currently unable to deal with the matter, so it isn't short term, as the devs usually release a hotfix to a hotfix within hours of a failed patch, you would know that as a dedicated server and game owner.
    • GeSp_shad schrieb:

Good to have such a sharp minded m8 onboard.... m8
      If you don't like how we run our server, feel free to play elsewhere and stop intoxicating this place. Quick reminder though: I can't seem to find anything about a steam group in there :S

§5 Community
      Please register at our forums at www.medieval-engineers.eu and join our Discord server.
      This is very important because of server announcements and engagement messages (see §3)

I said the following, it can be found by the end of the second paragraph: 'On the steam group announcements can be put fourth for players who are playing other games or not even on their computer and can easily and effectively inform the community; more than discord or the forums, and it can set up events so it will notify people, and players will be prominently informed of the issue without them trying to log on for 5 hours scratching their heads assuming it's just another 3-6 hour server maintenance.'
    • You werent raided, he jumped over a damn wall.... thats stealing. i understand you like your steam thing and maybe some people arent on discord, but thats not our issue. if they dont read rules and join the discord or server, who says they would join a steam grp.
    • Valgarr schrieb:

GeSp_shad schrieb:

Good to have such a sharp minded m8 onboard.... m8

§5 Community

I said the following, it can be found by the end of the second paragraph: 'On the steam group announcements can be put fourth for players who are playing other games or not even on their computer and can easily and effectively inform the community; more than discord or the forums, and it can set up events so it will notify people, and players will be prominently informed of the issue without them trying to log on for 5 hours scratching their heads assuming it's just another 3-6 hour server maintenance.'
      Feel free to handle it like you want on your own server.
    • Valgarr schrieb:

Doesn't seem to be very short term as it the hotfix was release 2 days ago, and results have shown for a long time, which proves to us that the devs are currently unable to deal with the matter, so it isn't short term, as the devs usually release a hotfix to a hotfix within hours of a failed patch, you would know that as a dedicated server and game owner.
      Apparently, you don't even know why we are running on the pre_hotfix build, or even know what day of the week we have, so I'll fill you in:
      The latest hotfix, which was released on Friday evening caused frequent client crashes, which was fairly annoying, and because it was Friday evening, I talked to Deepflame about that problem, and he told me, there won't be another hotfix over the weekend, if even next week for this particular issue. So, to maintain the playability on the server over the weekend, I decided to switch to the pre_hotfix branch.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von shad ()