M.E. Review (+ final words)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• M.E. Review (+ final words)

this is reno, i would like the senior members of the ME dedicated server to read this link pls.

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76…104163/recommended/333950

i hope that the server wipe was worth it, this is the last time you'll hear from me.

(backup copy - incase steam deletes my review.)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Not Recommended
      49.8 hrs last two weeks / 144.5 hrs on record
      Posted: 27 Sep @ 3:18am

Early Access Review

First off, DONT BUY THIS GAME, you'll be disappointed.

let me explain, when i first went into this game i started playing in one of the dedicated servers immediately because i prefer company to a solo experience, i spent 3 weeks of my life there and enjoyed it, learned a lot about the game as well as about medieval structures (since i tend to do lots of research about the genre i play), the community was overall a bunch of good people except for the one random guy who tried to build a catapult to siege me using my own resources, but i had bigger plans for myself and convinced 2 friends to play, as well as 3 more who planned to join, we were planning to conquer a region of the world and vassalize our neighbors then compete against the major powers of levos, it would have been incredibly fun, but today our server was wiped, i knew about it the day before but didnt think they were serious, i knew they were tackling a bug that the devs were also investigating but i didnt expect them to do something so drastic, i vented in chat about it but found that everyone was nonchalant about it, shrugging it off as a mere pittance, like the 3 weeks i wasted was nothing at all, everything can just be rebuilt but time can never be regained, even if they bring the old server up to the workshop it defeats the purpose - the reason i even joined that server in the first place, if i knew sooner i'd have played solo and never invited my friends or better yet demand a refund, i cant do that now so all i can do is tell everyone here not to waste their time with this game, if you can settle for a permanently solo experience or a 5 man multiplayer like in space engineers then by all means, but if you came to this store page expecting to have a genuine multiplayer experience then this game is not for you, it may have been established under the goal of multiplayer but if all the dedicated servers are destined to be wiped then its all for nought. come back in 5 years, maybe then it would be a game worth playing, i'll just leave mine to collect dust in my library until i can either forgive it or until i quit steam altogether (whichever comes first). to those who think i'm too butthurt over this disappointment, you must understand that i work to support my hobby, i make anywhere between 10k to 50k USD per week so the waste of money doesnt concern me, but my time is incredibly precious to me, which is why im so disappointed.

to the members of Medieval-Engineers.Eu -
      i dont hate you for your outbursts or for pretty much killing any momentum i had in the arguement earlier, but i cant fathom how anyone would be ok with building an entire kingdom just to have it wiped sooner or later, it may be 6 weeks, or 4 months from now, but the fact that nothing is permanent or that there is no real progress is beyond me, how you can tolerate that repetition is crazy, i believe what i said was "why would you build rome if you knew the mongols were gonna wipe you out tomorrow?"

@Shad, thanks for the effort that you did for trying to fix the problem with the simspeed bug, i know you spent countless hours trying to find the solution coordinating with the devs in their investigation and i hope that the wipe was a last resort effort on your part to fix the server, thank you for continuously trying to keep the server up even when you also had other life matters to deal with, i understand what you're trying to say but i cant accept it, sry.

@Dovahkin thanks for letting me see your city and mounted trebuchets, it really lit a fire in me to be inspired in medieval architecture, sadly i fear its all for nought as i doubt ill ever be playing again, as i am writing this review i have already uninstalled the game and want to forget this bitter evening..

@Rkthegreat i know you're still salty over my attitude earlier but i really cant fathom building everything that i did just to lose it again, if i knew it when i first joined perhaps i may just have joined your kingdom instead of trying to build my own and make the game more interesting, i'm going to miss skyfall even if i never got to see it in person, the design of the upper keep was superb, hope to see you again under different circumstances and perhaps better footing.

@NinjaPirate you said to me that until just earlier you never even knew i was building a kingdom of my own, perhaps that was fair to say since its just six territories of 2 block wide / 5 block tall walls and only 4 houses protected within it, looking back on it i should have made the walls far thinner so i wouldnt expend so much stone, it hurt that you compared my place to a spec but ill let it slide, and i take back what i said about you being too inactive to know whats happening.

@My friends, sorry to those who spent on this game only to be unable to start our conquest, it would have been epic but it wasnt meant to be i suppose, i know you're all still laughing at me for being so gullible and believing that this game was good, it has potential but its far from reaching it right now, i probably wont be coming back so if you can still refund your copy you should while you can, sry for wasting your time.

Did you receive this product for free or were otherwise compensated to write this review?
      Do you recommend this game? Yes No
      Cancel Save Changes
      Yes No Funny
    • If a single server wipe screwed this man up so much, I shudder to think what realization about a concept of "The Great Wipe" aka death coming for us all sooner or later might do to his mind...
      I have always told that with both SE and ME you either go insane, or you achieve total Zen. Sometimes both happen, though...
      I'd like to conclude this with an aphorizm: "When you wipe, it's only your butt that hurts. When admin wipes, all of our butts hurt"
    • evergreenoak schrieb:

If a single server wipe screwed this man up so much, I shudder to think what realization about a concept of "The Great Wipe" aka death coming for us all sooner or later might do to his mind...
      I have always told that with both SE and ME you either go insane, or you achieve total Zen. Sometimes both happen, though...
      I'd like to conclude this with an aphorizm: "When you wipe, it's only your butt that hurts. When admin wipes, all of our butts hurt"
      This is deep, maaaan.